Thursday, April 8, 2021

GEC 1 & GEC 2 (Global Education Centers) - Infosys, Mysore Diaries - #BlogChatterA2Z

After the creepy stare from Chetan yesterday, I decided to keep an eye on him. If things get difficult to manage, I’d ask for Arjun’s help.

It was Sunday and having stayed in the hostel yesterday, I wanted to explore the campus. I asked Myra and Arjun to which they said yes and we decided to go exploring after lunch. 

We had a quick lunch in the Oasis food court along with a few of our college mates. We told them of our plan and amongst them, Anusha and Swati wanted to join us. 

“Do you have a plan?”, Swati asked us.

“Not really, but we are planning to walk via the Multiplex (dome-shaped building) and also go to the huge Parliament-like building”, I replied.

“The large building is called GEC2, also known as Global Education Center – 2”, Arjun said.

“But the building where we currently have our training is also called GEC, right?”, Myra said,

“Yes, that’s GEC1 and the large building is called GEC2”, Arjun clarified.

“GEC2 spans over a huge area has a musical fountain in front of it which plays music every evening at a scheduled time for a few minutes.”, Anusha told us. 

“Actually, why don’t I get my camera today?”, she said.

“We can do a photoshoot as well. Let’s also wear white, we can click some pictures in front of it?”, I suggested. 

“Okay, let’s regroup in 30 minutes. Not more than that.”, Arjun warned us.

I was quite excited about all of it. 

“How about we invite Chetan?”, Myra said. 

My excitement was burst like a bubble, but on second thoughts as I’ve planned to observe him, I thought, why not?

“Sure, that’s okay with me”, I said. I could see Arjun hesitate for a minute but quickly said yes. When Anusha and Swati looked at us questioningly, I could see Myra looking flushed. 

I diverted their attention by replying instantly “He sits beside Myra, he’s a friend of ours”, I said. 


We all gathered in 30 minutes and started walking along with Multiplex. Myra took a couple of shots of the Multiplex. I could see Chetan and his friend, Suraj walking towards us. We introduced them to Anusha and Swati. 

“Shall we hang out at the pool for a while?”, Chetan suggested. 

“We’ve already been to the pool. I’ve heard of a place called Gazebo near GEC1, our training block. They sell snacks and tea there. Why don’t explore that place?”, I suggested. I wanted to see how he’ll respond to opposition. I was determined to uncover his true side today.

Just as I’d expected, I saw a flicker of annoyance but he agreed right away. 

Myra took a few shots of the ECC building and we walked to our training center GEC1. Although we had our training classes every day at this building, there was something different about visiting it like a tourist. The central block of the building had large pillars in front of it and a few buildings encompassed it. There was a fountain in front of GEC1 but the most striking part of GEC1 was its never-ending rows of stairs. It was a beautiful building and one couldn’t stop admiring it.


We took some candid photographs near GEC1. 

“We visit it every day, what’s so special about it?”, Chetan said to which we all stared at him.

“Look at the architecture Chetan! “, Myra scolded him. He remained quiet. 

“Gazebo is this way”, Arjun changed the topic. 

We reached a hut-like lovely place which had trees all around it and I could see some stalls there. We ordered tea and enquired the vendor about the available snacks.


“Bun Samosa is available, it is very famous here”, he replied.

There were large benches to sit on and we chose a bench. Anusha and Myra had large plates in their hands. Their plates were laden with samosas which were sandwiched between buns, they looked like mini-burgers. The bun samosas were a synonym for delicious and we loved them.

I could see that Chetan and Myra were a little conscious of everyone and weren’t being themselves. Chetan did not speak much after his GEC1 comment. Arjun finished his samosa quickly and was already checking the pictures that we’d clicked.

After we were all done with having the yummy tea and bun samosas, we walked towards a large dome. We could see the GEC2 building even from a distance. 

“This is THE biggest building of this campus”, Chetan said. 

We reached the GEC2 in a few minutes and stood there staring at it. No adjective could do justice to this building. We were speechless. It was an enormous building with a large dome and a massive central structure with Colonial architecture. It had countless small buildings attached to it, giving it the look of a bird with its widespread wings. There was a huge fountain in front of it and patches of greenery everywhere. 



“Woah”, Anusha and Swati said in unison. 
"Yeah, Woah”, I replied.

We all walked quickly towards the building. I wanted to touch it in order to believe that this was all happening. After a few minutes of admiring the structure, we took some pictures and just sat in front of it. We could see many people staring at it like us.

And then suddenly, it started getting dark and more people were appearing. It must be the time for  musical fountain. And within a few minutes, the musical fountain started spouting water in various patterns and also play nice music to compliment it. It was like watching a ballet. 



After 20 minutes or so, we started walking back towards our hostels, speechless after such a surreal experience. 

After reaching the hostel room, I realized that I had more time to keep an eye on Chetan. For now, I just wanted to enjoy this amazing feeling of being on this campus. 



- To be continued

This post is a part of the Blogchatter A2Z Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogchatter Book Review - "Incredible India Bucket List" by Aditya Sathe

 I came across this book through the Blogchatter Ebook Carnival and am glad that I got an opportunity to read it.  Early in the book, the au...