Sunday, April 18, 2010

My first blog !!

This is my first blog and I spent the last two hours wondering what it should be about.In my opinion,a blog must be straight from the heart and topics like my life,college weren't appealing..I was just wondering whether I must postpone this work when, with a jolt, i knew that it has to be about none other than -my father...Smiling to myself,I began writing and words came rushing...
My father,Dr.C.P.C.Kumar,is my favourite person.I have always been a father's pet which means I was pampered a little more than my sister,who was my mom's pet :-D ..As a little girl,I always had special privileges like sitting beside him during dinner,going to shops with him everyday,getting a new pencil box every week and so on..I was a very silent child and it was only my father who always knew what was going on in my mind.He used to prompt me to talk and I always found myself talking about everything.He never allowed others to scold me,be it my mother or my teachers.He never fussed over my marks but was really keen about me participating in all competitions.My dad also helped me become the proud owner of a rose garden in my backyard.He is my lucky maskot n am his lucky mascot too ...
As years passed,I developed new hobbies like reading which kept me busy most of the time.I also started spending more time on myself,with my mom,friends which meant I no longer spent quality time with my father.I was in my own world and after some time,I confined myself only to my room where I was either on phone or was studying.This didn't go unnoticed by my dad but he never said a word.I used to come out of my room only to eat and even then I was absent minded and never tried to talk to him .Some daughter I was ! As time changed,evrything changed and I gradually became a silent, lone person.I lost my self-confidence and became a stoic.I was not in contact with any of my friends and most of them(except 3-4 people) gave up on me eventually.One of my best friends advised me to change but I didn't budge.One such day,when I was traveling with my family,lost in thoughts,I was startled to see that someone was trying to talk to me and was changing topics as if to see which one would make me smile.It was my father!!I've ignored him all these days.. I was lost for words and tears started rolling down.My father didn't react to this but he stopped talking and gave an understanding smile.It was then that I realized that to him I am always the little girl with whom he didn't need words to communicate.How could I ever feel lonely???.The next day,I locked my room and started spending more time with my family.I came back to myself and am once again the person I used to be.Things changed and I am back with my friends too and more importantly with my father.Now in the evenings,if anyone of u drops in to my house,u can find me chatting away with my father or watching a cricket match with him ... :)

20 comments:

  1. father's pet u are , so as me ! :D
    wish u'll always be a happy person , never feel alone .. u have people who love u more than anyone else in this world - ur parents ! neva miss them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felt really gud reading this .. i always wanted u to come out of ur room and spend time with ur family .. ppl come and go in our lives .. but parents will always be with us come wat may .. !

    For me parents are above everyone and their happiness is above everything .. ! I am happy for u .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat can i say paddu..u share a very emotional relation wid ur father..ofcourse,so are we..
    but its gud to hear dat u have cum out of ur box and expressed ur eternal love towards ur father(parents)....i was witnees of it ysdy over the phone..he was very much elated than u,on cng ur marks...dat shows his unconditionla caring and affection towards u...

    Every father is in the same way..bt sum can express, ur father being one among them..:)

    I suggest u to show this blog "My first blog"...to ur father,mother and evn to ur sis.They can perceive the actual "PADMINI".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was an extremely sensitive ,touching and not to forget, an enlightening post to start off with !! Completely agree that these days parents are often forgotten and their presence is usually dispensed with. We should wake up to the fact that its only our dear parents (in the whole of the universe) who truly wish that we perennially wear a happy smile on our faces :-)..

    Looking forward to your next post. Happy blogging :)


    - Tarun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thnx a lot :) ..

    @ srinivas: yea ,i knw hw much ever u wntd me 2 cum out of my room..n in my blog 'one of my best frenz' who always adviced me on dis is u (n also sree).. :)

    @anil : yea,i changd a lot anil..n am much more happy now.. :),y dnt u start blogging..??plz do it soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ tarun : yea its true-v forget caring for our parents without any reason but dey r the only ones who'l forgive any mistake of ours :).. n thnx a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im so happy to see a gal talking like this after a very long time in my life...U r really so lucky to have such a sweetfamily who cares a lot abut u and understand u well...

    always keep them happy bcoz its very difficult to get such parents who take care of u this much and makes u happy ...

    U r really so lucky....

    congrats for having such a nice family...

    all the best....

    ReplyDelete
  9. offoo paddu....started blogging anamata....
    'll comment on ur blog as soon as i read it....juz came to check ur blog out....
    gud going....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey paddu...Congratulations for ur first blog!!! :-)its a fantastic one!!!!. I was totally connected to ur views while reading. Here i want to enlight few things...paddu is one such intelligent,talkitive,enthusiastic,charming,always confident,caring and dynamic gal..only those who r very close to her can notice these traits.There was a period when she almost went into depression,lacking confidence,neglecting her health..which really scared me alot.Being her best friend i failed to make her normal inspite of trying every possible way...after some days i've seen a tranformed paddu who is fresh in thoughts,strong and confident..for a while i was wondering wat exactly made this fabulous tranformation...then got to know that this sweet li'l gal is still in the arms of her lucky mascot, her DAD!!! Her dad is the driving force for her success today....! Her dad stood always first in encouraging and protecting her in all ways...! Also i wud like to mention that apart from her dad, paddu got the person who loves her more than anyone in this world...this person's love is fuel to her to make impossible things possible..this person plays a vital role in every stage of her life...this loving person is her Mom!!! It is always less to say about parents!!! I'm glad that u've dedicated this blog to ur parents!!! Keep blogging...i'll be w8ng for ur next blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ sreedevi : thnx a lot sree :) .. v both r fathers' pets n u knw hw it feels :) .. thnx a lot... :) ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Akka,when u asked me to read the blog,i expected a usual blog with some normal stuff.
    After reading it,i must say..am VERY PROUD of being your sister!

    No poem,no story,no movie could move me as much as this did.Tears are rolling down my cheeks!:((

    Love u loads!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Raagu : i expected this.:)
    am glad u liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @paddu - sry for commenting dis late....
    this post on da whole portrays da paddu i've known for da last few years....very emotional and a person who really cares abt her family....
    i've heard u talk abt ur dad few times....but wat u have written here and da emotions behind it are really amazing....

    keep going....

    ReplyDelete
  15. This Post is tailor made fr an Emotional Guy like me ( Though Slowly Evolving out to be less dependent on emotions :)just like you)

    And Tell u what, I feel such period exists in life of Every human being at some or other point in thier lives :)
    ~~Undoubtedly,A Really Very Awesome Post~~~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Being father's pet is really really Adorabale , It reminds me of my sister~~~She too is FATHER's pet......

    Parent's Love is really Unparalleled and cant be compared to with any other Divine quality...:)
    this post reminds me of that fact once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Sravan : its true that sumtyms v ignore ppl who care 4 us .. bt v must try 2 avoid such situations ... thnx a lot .. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogchatter Book Review - "Incredible India Bucket List" by Aditya Sathe

 I came across this book through the Blogchatter Ebook Carnival and am glad that I got an opportunity to read it.  Early in the book, the au...