Friday, May 7, 2010

Novels-My Passion

U might b wondering how people can be passionate about books,but,in my case,novels are my passion,I love them.I've always been a voracious reader.
This hobby of mine started in early days of schooling where I used to read comics like Pinky,Chacha Chowdary,Tinkle etc.Especially ,I used to associate myself with the character 'Pinky' n have read almost the entire pinky series.I used to tell those stories to my sister,Ragini and she used to love them.I even wanted to have a baby cut hair style with different colour hair bands like pinky but my mom didnt agree to it :-D..I wasn't a good student then and all I ever did then was read comics,story books like champak,bed time stories, other little stories and had one of them in my school bag too.I remember reading 'Ramayana for children' 20 times..... As I came to high school,we had non-detailed books in english like Trojan war,Adventures of Huckleberry Finn,Great Expectations,The Hound of the Baskervilles,Treasure Island.I used to read all these books in the summer holidays which meant the non-detailed classes in school were spent re-reading them.I remember in class 10, my best friend,Sreedevi and me were Dr.Watson and Sherlock Holmes of our group.. :-D ..
We also wanted to run a detective agency ..we were so childish then.. :-D.


My mother had original versions of the books Pride and Prejudice ,David Copperfield and many other books and I was lucky to read them all...The characters in these books were like real-life ones and were very interesting..We even got first prize in a drama competition in our school for enacting 'Happy Painter' from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.Then came the Harry Potter series which are probably my favorite books so far..Hatsoff to J.K.Rowling whose imagination is beyond anyone's expectations..At a point of time,I was so much addicted to these books that all I did the whole day was reading them..Similarly,I also like the Twilight series,Nancy Drew,Famous Five series and Dan Brown's works..The book 'Men are from Mars,Women are from Venus' is very informative and I suggest everyone to read it..Books by our Indian authors like Rabindranath
Tagore,Sharathchandra,R.K.Narayan,Chetan Bhagat are great.. My only remorse is that I've not been able to complete 'The Fountainhead' and will definitely do it one of these days..

Novels have always been my best chums because whenever I feel lonely or moody ,I just read one of them and easily forget my worries.They keep me busy all the time and are my obsession.Novels not only give interesting stuff to read but also good messages to the readers.You can always learn something very useful in terms of behavior,society,feelings and what not,everything..My dream is to have my own library and will definitely achieve it :) ...

18 comments:

  1. ok so this time its abt ur love for books huh ?? .. talking of them .. i always wanted to thank you .. it was because of you i started my book reading hobby with harry potter series .. of-course, i later on moved to other books .. but u couldn't leave harry potter and became obsessed with them .. :D :D ..

    earlier book reading used to be my time pass kind of activity .. but off-late .. i am reading to enrich my knowledge .. reading books is like traveling around the world without moving an inch from our place .. :) ..

    btw .. what is it u learnt from men are from mars and women are from venus ?? plz enlighten us .. also complete fountain head .. its worth reading it .. !!

    anyways nice blog .. !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.Ur post is great!
    :)
    I know how much connected u r with d books.HAHA.i see u reading them while eating,talking,texting,..aahh..actually,all that u do is read books!Gosh! :P

    U made my work so easy,since childhood.I neva had to read books,cz u usedta read em b4 hand n narrate em to me in such an interesting way.I still rememba u narrating the story of "the midnight feast" from a book in which three ghosts visit a woman's house.It still sends shudders thru my spine when I recollect it!!U shud join "story-telling" clubs.trust me!;)

    Waiting 4 ua next post..
    Luv,
    Raagu.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ! such a gud hobby .. i used to read a loot of books - in my school days .. later on, somehow forgot those :( but they really can be one's best frenz !

    i do remember reading pinki, famous five, tinkle so on ! i started a library in my class too - when i was in class VIII ! miss those days :(

    n gud luck for ur library .. will surely contribute some!

    nice blog n keep going ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @srinivas : thnx a lot,i remember both of us discussing the HP series :-D...n FYI,after the HP series ,i read many books ..its jz dat,i like dem more...
    'Men r 4m mars...' buk gives ppl an in-depth analysis of the mentalities of men n women which is ,in general ,very useful to prevent misunderstandings in relationships..though v might not need books 2 solve things,dis buk is really useful 4 introverts n is a must read 2 understand the opposite gender thoroughly ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ragini : am really glad dat u remember 'the midnyt feast'...i still remember ur expressions..hehe..hope u'l contribute sumthng 2 my library :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @mythu : thnx a lot :) ..thnx 4 tellng me 'bout 'men r from mars....' book...its coz of u i read it :) ..n yeah, readng novels is da best hobby .. :) ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. expressed ur passion for novels so well....even i always wanted to read but cld'nt...:)
    a very cute post.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best part of the blog was the sentence,

    " I even wanted to have a baby cut hair style with different colour hair bands like pinky but my mom didnt agree to it :-D.".

    Very innocent I should say !! :) I should learn a lot from you guys.. Really don't understand how you all read so much !! The only book I read in my life is 'Da Vinci Code'. And I took months to finish it !! :D Shd consider reading one of the books u mentioned..


    -Tarun

    ReplyDelete
  10. very gud post....keep going....!!:)

    B-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @anu : thnx a lot :) ..

    @tarun : hehe,thnq ...da vinci code is an awesum buk.. try readng novels ,its a gr8 hobby :)

    @pavan :thnq ..!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This Post is VERY VERY dear to me as I am also very much obsessed with Novels and I nw desperately wana read "Men are from Mars..."
    Has Recently heard of it from my Friend too :)

    As a glimpse of memory, I have read the "twilight" series upon your suggestion which was really Awesome~~~~This Blog post gave me an initiative to blog down even my experiences on Novels...Will surely do it one day

    Really a MIND BLOWING AND AWESOME Post :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Sravan : Thnx a lot sravan ..waiting 4 ur blog on novels :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey paddu...good post yaar...really books can a make good companion to a person, especially wen he feels aloof from this world.. Its gud that u have read a lot of books.. i envy u,coz i hardly read 4 books till nw..However in the recent past, even i have developed my interest in reading and gng gud...
    One sincere request..If at all u ppl establish a "DETECTIVE AGENCY",dont forget to make me a part of it... :)
    Keep gng... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ anil : hehe,thnq ...:) gud dat u started reading....will definitely let u knw 'bout detective agency... :-D ..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey paddu i appreciate the sequence that U've followed throughout ur blog rite 4m childhood....i missed ur childhood since we were in diff places and strangers then......but nevertheless rite from 8th class we've shared many golden moments.....I'm glad that we've got an idea of setting up a detective agency..lol!! d'you remember we used to solve few things in our group..and used give build up as if we r the only detectives in the entire skool...hehe just for our self satisfaction!!! To be honest, u were the only one who inspired me to read books..i still hav 'Little princess' wid me(that's the first book I've read,given by u)!! Though i don't get time to read books,jus because of my interest in shopping,I've started reading shopaholic series by sophie kinsella and successfully completed all the five books....that's the only best thing i did so far...however I'll try to make out some time to read books and i'm sure that will be gud stress busters...!!!

    Thats a very gud attempt to enlighten ur passion in this blog...Keep blogging!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @sree : thnx a lot sree ... :) ..wow!! evn i would lyk 2 read the shopoholic series once .. ur comment is a very special one coz its my birthday ...thnx a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Frankly to say im so far away frm novels and i hate to read novels.But by seeing ur post in this blog i realised that they gives some relief to us when ever needed...
    U have shared ur childhood days also regarding novels...thats great feeling to assume ourselves in that particular charecter and bhave so...
    It will b so exiting..........
    I cant give u 100% assurance but i will definetly try to read novels....

    Finally good luck for ur library.....
    The intrest u have regarding the books i will definetly help u in keeping ur library..[That too if u need]....
    Thanks a lot for telling the uses of reading books....

    ReplyDelete

Blogchatter Book Review - "Incredible India Bucket List" by Aditya Sathe

 I came across this book through the Blogchatter Ebook Carnival and am glad that I got an opportunity to read it.  Early in the book, the au...