Sunday, April 25, 2021

"Udipi" - Infosys, Mysore Diaries - #BlogChatterA2Z

 After flunking the JSF test, the next few days passed by quickly. I got over the shock and started paying more attention to the modules. Unfortunately, there was no make-up test for the JSF module and I had to make up for the lost GPA in the module tests and the final Comprehension test.

 One after the other, the tests got over quickly and I scored well. Soon, it was the final Comprehension exam and I had to score above 80 marks to make up for the lost GPA. I sat in the exam hall, extremely nervous. I started answering the questions and before I knew it, I had completed the exam. I checked the time, there were 15 more minutes to the test. I rechecked all the answers and with trembling hands, clicked on “Finish”. “90%” the screen displayed. I came out of the exam hall feeling relieved and happy. Coming out of the class, I saw Myra giving me a thumbs up. 

I had officially passed Infosys training at Mysore. I looked around, people were coming out of the exam halls. I stood there, waiting for Myra and Arjun.

“Congrats to all of us !!”, they said.  They had passed the test too. 

The three of us waited for the rest of our friends. They had all cleared the test. We all congratulated each other and started going back to our hostels.

“We have to go to Udipi”, Arjun said to Myra and me.

“Why?”, I asked.

“I made a vow that we would go to Udipi if the three of us cleared all the tests”, he said.

“That’s so sweet Arjun but we still have a project to finish.”, Myra said.

“Yes, but I’ve heard that projects are not tough.”, Arjun said.

“Okay, then. Let’s go to Udipi this weekend”, I said.


We planned a trip to Udipi, we were to leave early next day which was Saturday and start back to the campus on Sunday. We asked a few of our college friends but they wanted to take rest after the strenuous exams. 

On Saturday morning, we started to Udipi in a travel bus. Udipi is notable for its Krishna temple and is also known as Temple city.

We reached the temple by 11 AM. The gate was enormous and was very artistic. It was bright red in color and was beautifully sculptured. 

 


We entered the temple. It was beautiful. The temple had a series of mandaps and had a huge veranda. It also had a pond in the center and had a mandap on it. 




The whole place had a serene feel to it. 

There was a long queue to the main temple and we waited for a long time. After a while, it was our turn for darshan. We were mesmerized by the idol of Lord Krisha and had a very good darshan. 



After the darshan, we were extremely hungry and were about to leave the temple to find a restaurant when an elderly priest came walking towards us and pointed us to the “annadaan” section. We couldn’t say no and we sat in the veranda for food along with many others. Soon, volunteers started serving lunch and we had a sumptuous meal. 

We thanked God for such a unique experience and after a few hours in the city of Udipi, we retired to our hotel. The next day, we went back to Mysore with happiness and content….


-- To be continued


This post is a part of the Blogchatter A2Z Challenge.





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking on udipi tour via your pics, I have never been to udipi but have heard a lot about the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment :) Udipi is a beautiful place.

      Delete

Blogchatter Book Review - "Incredible India Bucket List" by Aditya Sathe

 I came across this book through the Blogchatter Ebook Carnival and am glad that I got an opportunity to read it.  Early in the book, the au...