Wednesday, April 21, 2021

"Romance in the Air" - Infosys, Mysore Diaries - #BlogChatterA2Z

 Planning a trip to Coorg at the last minute was a challenge but keeping it a secret after coming back was a bigger challenge. Myra was facing the brunt of it as she did not inform Chetan about the trip. He kept pestering her about why she hadn’t met him over the weekend and she was dodging his questions. 

Not informing Chetan about the trip seemed a little unusual to me but I did not question her. I knew that she’d tell me if she wanted to. Soon enough, she knocked on my door one day and said to me, “How do I tell Chetan that I need space sometimes?”

I processed this for a few seconds.

“As far as I know, honesty is the best way to go. Just tell him, he’ll understand. “, I said.

“It’s not easy, Priya”, she said.

“I know, but it’s not right to avoid him and not tell him the truth. This will only affect your relationship. Moreover, you both don’t spend as much time as before because he’s not our classmate anymore.”, I told her.

Myra looked anxious. 

“You’re right. I’ve been hurting him a lot lately, I need to make it up to him. Maybe I’ll plan something special for him this Friday.”, she said.


On Thursday, she sent Arjun and me an email that said, 

“Hey guys, am planning a surprise dinner date with Chetan. I looked up some restaurants on the campus and looks like the Floating restaurant is pretty famous. Do you guys want to check out the place tonight?”

Before I could reply to the email, Arjun replied, “YES!!!!!”

I smiled and replied, “Sure, what time?”

*

At about 6:40 PM, the three of us started to the famous Floating restaurant. I haven’t heard much about it except that it was surrounded by a pool. It was rumored to be the most beautiful restaurant on the campus. 

“The restaurant is supposed to look splendid at night”, Myra said with anticipation. 

“Can’t wait to see it”, I replied. 

“There you go”, Arjun said, pointing to a sign that said, “Floating restaurant”.

There was a 2 storied building in front of us. Frankly speaking, it did not look great, there was a lawn in front of the building and we crossed it and entered the building. On entering the building, there was a narrow walkway. Myra pointed to the walkway. It led to a wide pergola-like room. 



All of this was normal but the fascinating part of the whole restaurant was that it was located on a pond! We stood on the walkway and looked at the pond – it had large, beautiful fish in it. The whole place looked spectacular and well-lit.
 


 “Woah!! This is the most romantic place I’ve ever seen.”, Arjun said.

“It’s the perfect place for a date”, I said and looked at Myra.

Her eyes were wide and brimming with happiness. I was very happy for her. 

I was looking around the whole place and I spotted a corner. It had a creeper plant surrounding the chairs and also had the best view of the water. 




A couple was sitting there, they were holding hands and seemed to be in a different world. It was too intimate, I looked away. 

“I’ll make a reservation”, Myra said. 

“Wait a second”, I said and looked back at that corner. I knew that I might be disturbing the couple but Myra was making a reservation.

 “Myra, you guys should sit there”, I said, pointing to that corner.

“Woah! Perfect!”, she said and suddenly turned away. Guess the couple was looking at us.




She nudged us and we walked away hastily. Myra made a reservation at the reception and we left the restaurant.

On our way back, my mind kept revisiting that corner. It was such a beautiful place and was tailor-made for romance. How nice would it be to go on a date there! After going back to the hostel, I switched on the TV and started switching channels. The song, “Kaate nahin kat te” from the movie, Mr.India was on. I smiled to myself and watched the song. Sometimes, all you need is a beautiful location and a lovely song to feel romance all around you….


-- To be continued


This post is a part of the Blogchatter A2Z Challenge.

3 comments:

Blogchatter Book Review - "Incredible India Bucket List" by Aditya Sathe

 I came across this book through the Blogchatter Ebook Carnival and am glad that I got an opportunity to read it.  Early in the book, the au...