Tuesday, April 13, 2021

"Killer Smile" - Infosys, Mysore Diaries - #BlogChatterA2Z

 After the weekend in Bangalore, we were too tired to go to the office on Monday. However, we did not have the liberty of skipping classes and dragged ourselves to the class, right on time at 8:59 AM.

There was a new instructor and he looked very young, hardly 5-6 years older than us. 

“He’s a temporary replacement for the Professor, his name is Gaurav”, Anusha told me.

The temp instructor recorded attendance and then displayed the session’s slides. He looked very scholarly and had a serious temperament. After a few slides, there was a code snippet on the slide which we had to fix. He asked us all to open a particular software and came to our row to check if the app was working on our machines. It was working as expected on my machine and while leaving, he smiled at me. I was suddenly thrown off by his smile, he looked contrastingly handsome. It was as if his whole face lightened up with his smile. That was killer!! I suddenly became conscious of my disheveled hair; we had jogged all the way to the class.  I could do nothing then to straighten it up. 

Gaurav then went to check Anusha’s screen. He looked extremely serious with no trace of a smile. I started wondering if he really had that smile or if I’d imagined it. He then gave a thumbs up to Anusha and gave that smile again! I looked at Anusha and laughed at her expression– unlike me, she couldn’t conceal her feelings. She looked at me thunderstruck and we soon started giggling. I don’t think I’d giggled since a very long time. 


Gaurav resumed the class again and we both started looking at him in a different light. And we had a valid reason to listen to his class, so why not? We were waiting for him to smile again. At a particular moment, when he turned sideways, he looked like the actor Hrithik Roshan from the movie, Guzarish because of his beard (not features-wise). 

“Guzarish”, I said to Anusha.

She immediately understood and stifled a laugh. 




The bell rang soon and we groaned.

When he was leaving the class, Anusha started singing: “Tu meri adhuri.. “ from the movie “Ghajini” and I joined her. We loudly said the word “hey Guzaarish” in the song and laughed out loud. 

It was a Iot of fun doing it with a friend. 

I said to Anusha, “Finally, we got the perks of sitting in the first row”…



-- To be continued


This post is a part of the Blogchatter A2Z Challenge.

2 comments:

Blogchatter Book Review - "Incredible India Bucket List" by Aditya Sathe

 I came across this book through the Blogchatter Ebook Carnival and am glad that I got an opportunity to read it.  Early in the book, the au...